Thursday, October 22, 2009

TYPOGRAPHIC SELF-PORTRAIT.

Typographic Self-portrait.

Objective: The purpose of project is to create a self-portrait by using type as an illustrative and creative tool. Your objective is to create engaging composition that not only illustrates your physical attributes, but also provides a conceptual insight into you personal life. - - Think about one central theme that engages you the most at this point in your life. Enter a short blog entry summarizing your central theme. All of the generated copy from your blog entry will be used in creation of your composition.

Anger. Pain. Forgiveness. Those three words go hand in hand.My central theme is based upon those three strong words. What I want my theme to be based upon is the pain i have to go through because I’m adopted. I am very thankful that I was adopted, however there is pain that every child goes through when they are taken away and brought to another place. I want to portray that forgivness is something not easily done. And there is anger inside of me that I didn’t know I had because of the loss I went through. To me this is going to be something very powerful.

“Forgiveness is such a simple word, but so hard to do when you’ve been hurt”

-Kellie Pickler’s song ‘I Wonder’


No comments:

Post a Comment