Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Final Project: Music CD Cover


Pick your favorite band and then research on the album's theme. Write a short summary of the theme in your blog. Further develop the theme into a concept. Create hand drawn sketches, refine them further into roughs and pick the final compositions.

So the first thing that I had to do was pick a band that I love. I love a lot of bands and musicians, so it was hard I didn't have a favorite. But I finally picked one and I picked the famous Bon Jovi. I know their music pretty well. I have all of their albums, plus all the singles Jon Bon Jovi released. I have also been to two of their concerts, the Have a Nice Day Concert and the Lost Highway Tour. After I picked what band I wanted to do, the next thing for me was pick an album from them that I loved. Well, that was hard, I love all of theirs. But, especially their most recent ones. So I leaned towards either Have a Nice Day or Lost Highway. Finally decided on the Have a Nice Day album.

It was then time for me to start researching this album's theme. I have listened to this album all the way through MANY times so I already knew what it was about. So, in my head I had what I wanted my theme to be. However, I thought it wouldn't hurt to try to find some information, but it was hard because all the information I found was for their new album, The Circle. So, to me it didn't really help.

From what I knew, I compose my own theme. It's based off the first single off of the album "Have a Nice Day" which had to be the name of the album, so it all worked. What they are trying to say in the song, is if you are having a bad day and you are taking it out on me, all I will say to you is 'have a nice day' and continuing what they do best which is what they love to do, making music. The theme is giving back to who keeps them going, which is the fans.

So, when I design this CD, I want it to have a lot of pictures showing them having fun, showing them loving what they do. I also want it to show something towards their fans. So, I tried to put pictures in the insert to show they were in concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment